Lions is a community service organisation! People join Lions because they want to use their intellect, creativity, commitment and enthusiasm to get things done. This is where you can find out about the sorts of projects that your local Lions Club is doing. Like what you see? Get involved!
Our club has already hosted the VERY successful Peregian Beach Food and Fashion Fiesta as an introduction to spring and this event has now been taken on by the Peredian Beach Business Association.
A first in 2014 was the very successful staging of the 50th Peregian Beach Christmas Carols event attended by approx 3300 people. We attracted a similar crowd when we ran this event again in 2015.
We have adopted the David Low Way at Peregian Beach for our quarterly Clean Up project. We have our own BBQ Trailer and we are happy to assist with the fundraising projects of other charities. Our service opportunities are unlimited and we are looking for enthusiastic caring and sharing individuals to work with us. In return, we can promise you will enjoy your time spent with us in serving your community, you will make many good friends and feel just as great about what you are doing as we do.
A first for 2014 was the very successful staging of the 50th Peregian Beach Christmas Carols event attended by 5500 people.
During 2014 club members initiated a food rescue programme under the auspices of REAP. Members are involved with the collection of edible unwanted food from bakeries, butcher shops, fruit and vegetable shops, farmers markets etc to be passed on to several community groups providing meals and assistance to those in need. Hundreds ofr kilos of food are redistributed in this way each month and this is an ongoing project of the club.
The following list of completed Community Projects is continually growing.
- Lions Prostate Cancer Research facility fundraiser
- Peregian Beach Food & Fashion Fiesta
- Adopt A Road Clean up project on David Low Way, Peregian Beach
- Christmas Cake sales in November & December annually
- Collect used spectacles to grade and send on to third world countries.
- Collecting and sorting postage stamps for sale at auction with all money raised going otwards the purchase of a walker for a child born with cerebral palsy. This Australia wide project is co-ordinated by a club member.
- BBQ at Opening of Peregian Beach Community Centre
- Regular BBQ fundraiser at Bunnings Noosaville.
- Participate in Lions Youth of the Year project with 2 local secondary schools participating.
- Participate in annual Cancer Council fundraiser Relay For Life
- Assist Sunshine Coast Legacy Badge Week.
- Operated the car parking for 2 years at the Australian PGA Golf Championships
- Recycling project collecting and selling used postage stamps
- Provide breakfast at Coolum Peregian RSL Anzac Day Dawn Ceremony
- We operate the car parking at Eumundi Markets on a regular basis.
- Assistance to families in need.
- Bargain Hunt fundraiser for Lions Emergency Accommodation Centres.
- Peregian Beach Christmas Carols.
- Members have established a chapter of Oz Harvest/REAP on the Sunshine Coast rescuing food for distribution to disadvantages families.